The Slovenian Alps in northern Slovenia seem to be different to other mountain ranges, they glisten in the light as they are made of white limestone. Your tour starts in to the world famous Bled with its lake with an old church on an island in the middle. From here you progress to the Bohinj, with its surroundings you will surely agree with the locals that this is one of the prettiest places on earth. Many cyclists admire the panoramic views this road offers. Kransjka Gora is a big ski resort in the winter months. You wlll have great views of the Julian Alps and the Karawanke range of mountains. Trough wild alpine scenery, over the highest Slovenian mountain pass of Vršič, descend down to secluded emerald river gorges. Follow the wild Soča river`s path to the limestone Karst country.
- Day 1: Rendezvous at the airport. Transfer from Airport to first camp for the nights. Group meeting with the evening meal.
- Day 2: First day ride through isolated alpine valley of Radovna, a paradise for nature lovers, with blueberries hidden in the green meadows, herds of cows grazing and cold streams gurgling. You are already in the very heart of the Alps. On ride back visit to famous Vintgar Gorge. Transfer to Bohinj.
- Day 3: Start from Bohinjska Bistrica and ride along the right bank of the Sava River to Ribčev Laz on Lake Bohinj. Ride to waterfall Savica and back to Bohinjska Bistrica. Transfer to Kranjska gora.
- Day 4: In the early morning ride up the Vrsic Pass which is considered to be one of the most scenic mountain roads in Europe. Gradually, with many breaks, climb to the pass at 1611m of altitude, offering you some of the finest mountain views on the trip. Transfer to Bovec.
- Day 5: Ride in the valley of the turquoise river Soca - considered to be one of the most beautiful rivers in Europe. Uphill to Preval Pass and short stop at Kluže fortress. Transfer to Kobarid.
- Day 6: Ascent up to Drežnica is the most demanding part of the tour. Cycling through Magozd and take the gravel road to slowly descend to Trnovo ob Soči. We continue across the bridge to the main road back to Kobarid. Transfer to Vipava.
- Day 7: Peddle up from Ajdovščina to the source of the Hubelj River. Ride to the village of Lokavec and up to the village of Vipavski Križ. Pedal down the hill from Vipavski Križ towards the village of Velike Žablje and drive on, along the Vipava River. Transfer to Ljubljana. Night visit to center of Ljubljana.
- Day 8: After breakfast transfer to Ljubljana Airport.
- Kilometers of flowing fire roads and gravel roads
- A route planned by local experts
- Beautiful mountain village with friendly local farms
- Slovenian food, wine and hospitality
Price (per person):
549 € Half Board
649 € All inclusive
Flexible departure dates
May - October
6 days fully guided
Professional local guides
Fitness grade 3/4
Group size 5 (motorhome)
Group size 6 - 14
7 nights accommodation
DVD with your riding
What's Not Included
travel to Slovenia
Bike hire 120 €
Email us your questions
Talk to our team of experts